Bedford Area Bus Users Society
March 29, 2024, 05:43:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't forget our BABUS homepage - click here to return to it.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem posting on Committee Area  (Read 1909 times)
Frances Horwood
BABUS Committee Member

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2018, 04:44:11 PM »

I'm having a problem posting on the Committee Area, but not every time - sometimes it's straightforward, but I've tried 3 times (on different days, and sometimes immediately after successfully posting something else) to post something and keep getting an error message.
Suzy Scott
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 09:05:10 AM »

I'm having a problem posting on the Committee Area, but not every time - sometimes it's straightforward, but I've tried 3 times (on different days, and sometimes immediately after successfully posting something else) to post something and keep getting an error message.

Hello there Frances,

Sorry for the delay, as I wanted to do a proper response here.

The BB can be with issues from time to time, although we use a different web hosting operating system to those on the rest of Suzy’s Forums. This means it’s not down for a  few seconds for unexpected restarts lo However, I would always suggest typing up in a word processor or text editor, copying and pasting to post more easily.

The other issue is the attachments. Please ensure the attachments don’t exceed 5mb per post. While this may seem small, it’s the limit on the php based Bulletin Boards across the world. So, if you have more than that, or close to that, split them into more than one post. This is frequently a cause for timing out and errors on my other Forums when I try to post.

HTH
Suzy x

Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: