Bedford Area Bus Users Society
August 19, 2018, 10:43:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't forget our BABUS homepage - click here to return to it.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buses in Clophill  (Read 213 times)
Simon Norton
BABUS Committee Member

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2017, 11:46:01 PM »

Today (21 Nov) I was on the 11.15 Luton-Bedford. As we were on the A6 south of Clophill roundabout a bang was heard (though not by me) and the bus terminated at Clophill village on the north side of the Green.

I walked to the south side and had a look at the display timetable, which told me that a Grant Palmer 44 would be coming in 14min. I told the other passengers.

In fact the bus was a few minutes late, and lost more time en route to Bedford. With the extra loadings and nobody getting off before Elstow there was at a couple of places 1 standing passenger.

I wasn't previously aware that the 44 takes a different route between Elstow and Bedford to the 81 -- it uses Ampthill Road rather than Elstow Road. Perhaps Stagecoach want it to go past their depot.

Soon after the 81 got into Clophill a late running 200 bound for Flitwick went past on the north side. I might have caught it had I not been at the bus stop on the opposite side at the time. According to Traveline this service now double runs into the village before turning back to the roundabout, onto the A507 and then right into Gravenhurst, but I didn't see it return so I presume its actual route is to go right through the village, right onto the A507 and then left into Gravenhurst.
Jonathan Farr
BABUS Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:06:21 PM »

There was a period where the 200 couldn't go through the village due to roadworks.  However, that was earlier in the year.  That said, I understand that Anglian Water are going to be undertaking major water main replacement in Clophill which may make this the case again.
Simon Norton
BABUS Committee Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:08:55 PM »

When will this be ?
Simon Norton
BABUS Committee Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 09:38:04 PM »

According to roadworks.org the answer to my last question is beginning 29 Jan -- I think. Incidentally the route map on Grant Palmer's website shows the route I deduced from what I observed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: