Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/babusorg/public_html/bb/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
villager minibus
Bedford Area Bus Users Society
September 19, 2017, 07:47:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't forget our BABUS homepage - click here to return to it.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: villager minibus  (Read 34 times)
Simon Norton
BABUS Committee Member

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2017, 06:38:36 PM »

Today (Mon 21 Aug) I was in St Ives to do what might be the last journey on Whippet 21 to Holywell (unlike Traveline, Whippet's own publicity says it only goes to Holywell on Mondays, and the service has been deregistered before the next non bank holiday Monday, and to the best of my knowledge new timetables have not yet been advertised).

As it's the 3rd Monday of the month, the Villager minubus is scheduled to go to St Ives, and I did indeed see what looked like a community bus in the bus station. However the telephone number on it begins 01933 (Wellingborough) -- sufficiently close to the Villager HQ to be significant, but not the number they advertise.
Was it one of their buses ?

Incidentally the 21 used a double decker on which the lower deck was completely full, but I was the only person to get off at Holywell.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: